I am trying to convince the rest of my team that Spring rocks! However, me just saying that won't be enough. :wink:
My reasons for using Spring over the iBatis DAO Framework is as follows:
- 1. I can leverage the getHibernateTemplate() to ease Hibernate code creation.
2. I can write AOP interceptors to create point-cuts/advice dynamically inside my code (e.g., exception handling).
3. I can leverage the SessionFactoryUtils to manage my session transparently without having to demarcate them in my business tier.
4. The community around Spring is an excellent resource.
5. Spring provides extensibility in the area of transaction handling, MVC, etc. (although this is *not* a primary concern for us since we're using CMT and .NET, respectively).
Note that this is not a slam on iBatis, but it's just that Spring brings more to the table especially with the AOP support. iBatis is very elegant, but I think the framework is more of an extension of their SQLMaps. Even the iBatis site recommends Spring...wtf!