In all the talk of what the SI manifests might or might not be exporting, we managed to overlook that OUR manifest was not importing the o.s.i.sftp bundle. D'oh!
Correcting that mistake caused the xsd's to be resolved correctly both in RC2 and in the latest build snapshot.
We did, however, stumble across something in the latest build that might be worth addressing before your release.
The SFTP pom expresses a dependency on the JSch library at version 0.1.42.
The manifest (the template.mf file to be precise), however, depends on 0.1.41.
So if you use Maven to build your project and tell you what your dependencies are, you'll wind up with the wrong version of JSch in your OSGi repository.
While you're fixing that up, would it be too much trouble to make the pom pick up a properly OSGi-ified version of JSch , like the one from the EBR:
EBR doesn't have a 0.1.42 version, but the better solution there surely is to urge them to upload one quick smart, rather than depending on an unusable (in OSGi) jar .