Nov 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM
tcServer overwriting server.xml
I was trying to configure tcServer for SSL and found this link
notice it talks about "/conf/samples/server-with-ssl.xml"....well, that directory doesn't exist (at least not in my sts install, which had tc as part of it). I figured I'd download tc by itself and poke around with it, but I have to tell vmWare/springsource what I ate for lunch to download _anything_. If you guys really want people start using your tools, maybe you shouldn't make it so _DAMN_ difficult to get them and have documentation that's actually correct.
Here's the punchline....I got SSL up and running. So then I downed tc, and added a security constraint to web.xml to force ssl and restarted tc. Well, for some reason it REPLACED my server.xml file....that's right.....replaced. Don't mind I made any changes, just reset that file back to it's original state....it's not important...it's only SERVER.XML
This is the _second_ time I've tried to use STS / tcServer and got kicked in the man region....It's back to eclipse and using Spring for the only thing I've found it good for....DEPENDENCY INJECTION
Tags for this Thread