Welcome to the "Developing Greenhouse" Discussion Forum!
This forum is for discussing the development of Greenhouse, which was launched at SpringOne2gx Chicago on October 19th, 2010. Greenhouse is a Spring-powered web application that aims to serve as "the social destination for Spring developers". It has two primary goals:
1. Serve as a open-source, public-facing reference and driver for Spring technology, including Spring MVC, Security, Integration, and the new Spring Social and Mobile projects.
2. Help foster and support our passionate application developer community through the development of useful community services.
As of today, the contributions in Greenhouse consist of:
- An OAuth-based "App Framework" that allows Developers to register new Client Apps for which Users may establish Account->App connections.
- An OAuth-based "Service Provider Framework" that allows new ServiceProviders to be installed for which Users may establish Account->ServiceProvider connections.
- The ability to connect your local Greenhouse Account to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TripIt ServiceProviders.
- A native Greenhouse for iPhone Client (also available in the Apple app store).
- A native Greenhouse for Android Client (to also be available in the Android marketplace soon).
- A Group Event Management Module that powered SpringOne2gx Chicago, will also have a presence at Devoxx, and we expect will eventually power Spring events world-wide.
- Member Sign Up, Sign In, and Reset Password Modules.
- A Member Invite Module allowing you to invite your Facebook friends and email contacts.
- A Member Badge (Award) System that rewards members for community participation.
- Numerous Spring Framework contributions in the areas of DI (Environment-specific Beans and Profiles), Security (Password Encoding and Data Encryption), Data (S3 File Storage and RDMS Migrations), Web (Email Templating, Flash Map, and Comet).
- An agile Continuous Deployment CI Process.
We're just getting started, but as you can see there is already a lot to take advantage of, from using Greenhouse as a Spring learning tool and reference to getting involved with its development to help us together create useful, open services for our unique community. I encourage you to get involved and interact with the development team through this forum.
I only have one small request: we'd appreciate it if those posting to this forum do so under their real name, either by having their real name set as their username or by adding it to their signature. I firmly that believe "being real" is an important ingredient to an healthy and friendly community. I've tried to be a good example here by setting my real name and also my profile picture.
Welcome to the Greenhouse!
Last edited by Keith Donald; May 6th, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Core Spring Development Team