gvNIX is a tool for Java fast web application development, high productivity, flexible and does not compromise the projects quality.
gvNIX is sponsored by CIT organization and is developed by DiSiD Technologies S.L. corportation. CIT is the short-name for the Regional Ministry of Infrastructures and Transport of Valencia region (Spain). gvNIX is included under gvPONTIS project, the root of open source projects sponsored by CIT.
gvNIX is a open source tool based on a Spring Roo core (now 1.1.0.M1 version). Uses the features of Spring Roo and brings his own philosophy, offering to developers addons with functional value for enterprise applications:
- Optimistic concurrency control on application level
- Themes management
- Exception handlers management
- Pages and menu structure management
- Relationships display management
- String transformation management (binding)
- Access Control
- JSP 2.0 compatibility
All these addons are available separately to be used in Roo as well as packed together in gvNIX distribution. gvNIX provides user documentation about using framework in Spanish and technical and user documentation of each addon in English.
All binary files and documentation are available at:
Communication with the users community is made with the following mailing list:
Currently we are working in a new addon to manage the Service Layer (will be released at the end of 2010). The features of this addon are:
- Create local service classes and methods
- Remote access to local service layer and entity layer, 1st supported protocol will be WebServices
- Create client service classes from web service contract definitions in WSDL / XSD
gvNIX is licensed under GPLv3 in order to be compatible with Roo license and maintain an active collaboration with Spring Roo project. gvNIX collaborates with Roo project making proposals, warning about problems and sending fixes.