A new project started based on an oracle db which supports another project, and we use JDBCTemplate .
The problem is , charset of the db is WE8ISO8859P1 but the data we operated should be gbk, so what should be done to reduce the encoding work.
if we used filter in web.xml,then the VIEW of MVC could be OK, but the unknown words shall appear in the log, cause we use GBK to be default charset in JAVA programming.
if we used the way like
,then we need so many declaration which is a bad taste.
String str = new String(data.getBytes(encoding1),encoding2)
And even we used AOP , we cannot avoid translating the charset everywhere(i consider).
so .....what should be done...