STS 2.3.3M2 requires owner/root privs to run
The last time I installed 2.3.3M1 into /opt/springsource/... as root,
I was able to run as non-root user to create a roo project and run the roo shell.
This time, I installed 2.3.3M2 as a fresh install again as root, and when I tried to run as non-root user,
- the create roo project wizard would hang forever.
- after installing grails and groovy plugins, the non-root user even could no longer set up a new workspace properly and that roo and tc installation was not visible to that workspace.
I beseech/entreat/... (synonyms of http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beg) that developers of software kindly consider creating software that would accommodate users who need to install/maintain a single copy as root and allow users read-only access to run the software.
- Would it be possible to let me have information if this is a problem I could solve on my own, that perhaps, I need to a better way to install the software?
- If the problem is verified to be valid, would there be plans to rectify it?
- Also, is it within the policy of SpringSource to ensure creating software that is installable as root?
לא אירא רע כי אתה עמדי
לא אירע רע כי אני איתך