Jun 30th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Ehcache Spring Annotations 1.1.1 Released
We've released version 1.1.1 of the Ehcache Spring Annotations project: http://code.google.com/p/ehcache-spring-annotations/
This library allows for annotation based declarative caching to be used in Spring 2.5 and 3.0 projects. The library is used by several large scale applications and has performed well due to its light weight nature. It is very similar in implementation to Spring's @Transactional support.
If you have any questions please visit the project site and use the issue tracker or the email list.
New features and fixes in 1.1:
* Issue 35 : Add new @PartialCacheKey annotation that allows for only specific method arguments to be used for key generation
* Issue 34 : Allow for multiple caches to be specified in a @TriggersRemove annotation.
* Some minor performance improvements around runtime annotation configuration lookup.
* Add new @KeyGenerator annotation that allows key generation to be configured in the @Cacheable and @TriggersRemove annotation
* Refactor key generation classes so that all key generators can take advantage of reflection and common code paths
* Add a new ehcache:config element which can configure a background task to execute evictExpiredElements on caches.
* Add ability to specify if the cache remove action from @TriggersRemove happens before or after the advised method executes.
* Add OSGi support in the released JAR.
* Fixed some bugs with the namespace handler that prevented property placeholders from working correctly.