May 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I tried to get this to work in STS/Eclipse as well, but after adding a new Web Application with url from the mvn gwt:run-dialog, something *really* bad happend, and the HD started to buzz. Then it started to show up error messages that Eclipse/Maven couldnt delete c:\program files and a whole other folders. By that time I closed down eclipse, and killed the process. Allready it had removed about 20GB of data from my C:\; pretty much everything it could remove that wasn't in use or in the c:\windows folder. I've spend the best part of the afternoon trying to get everything back from the shadow backup Vista does in the background. Besides some files with very long names (there were a few) I think I have got it all back. Not sure if my machine will boot up next time though.
All in all, doing this in Eclipse is nothing I will touch with a 10" pole untill the bugs have been ironed out and fixed.