Oct 12th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Many and various questions
After few days of manipulation, I have few questions :
- I have read that Cloud Foundry is build on Cloud Tools. That is true ? Can we think CF will have the same possibilities like JMeter Test in the administration interface ?
- About Cloud Tools, is the AMI id required ? Must we create manually one before with the AWS Console ?
- When the beta will be closed, will CF be lucrative ?
- I don't understand what is the snapshot options for MySQL. What is the difference with local ?
- If I not use tc Server, will Hyperic works and autoscales my instances ?
- Are news about the roadmap or the acquisition by VMware is still too young ?
That's all (for the moment )
Oct 21st, 2009, 12:38 PM
1. Yes, it's true, CloudFoundry is built on top of CloudTools. But since CloudFoundry is focused more on hosting your application rather than testing, there's no UI to run JMeter against your deployment.
2. CloudTools uses pre-built public AMIs. Go to AWS Console or ElasticFox and search for "cloud-tools" in the AMIs tab. You'll get the AMI ids there.
3. Snapshot option allows you to create a new EBS volume for your deployment from a snapshot of another volume. When you choose this option, CloudFoundry asks you about the parameters of the new EBS volume, but also gives you a list of snapshots created previously. Obvious use case - launching your app with backed-up data.
4. Yes. autoscaling and monitoring would work with any container.