Jun 10th, 2009, 10:09 PM
newbie confusion: injecting objects into webflow & handlers vs. controllers
I'm trying to implement my first Webflow application and I am getting a little befuddled. BEcause it was NetBean friendly, I was using the tutorial: http://wheelersoftware.com/articles/...-flow-2.0.html. which uses controllers to start the flow. Whereas the Webflow 2 reference guide talks only about handlers. I find the reference guide and samples downloaded with the Spring Webflow distro rather confusing because I really don't know maven and don't know how to set them up in NetBeans. Furthermore the reference doesn't have the pattern I've seen with spring mvc with the dispatcher-servlet.xml
I'm hoping somebody on this forum might give me direction on a couple of things:
1) Which is preferrable controllers or handlers?
2) What do you need to do to set up an object to be pulled in as a view-scope or request-scope variable?
3) are dispatch-servlet.xml files now obsolete?
4) Does anybody know what sample app the code examples in the reference guide come from?
5) Can anybody point me to a tutorial that will get me up to speed with Web Flow 2 fairly qucikly? If I can see the basics of setting up a simple app and its associated components that should help me with setting up my application?
Any help would be appreciated.