I went through the paralleljob sample and following is my understanding.
1. The "loading" step is multithreaded using "taskExecutor".
2. The "stagingReader", "stagingProcessor" & "tradeWriter" will be executed
sequentially in a given thread.
3. The primary keys are retrieved first using synchronization and then
read, process, write is performed.
The question that i have is:
1. Can reading the primary keys itself be multithreaded? I am not sure,
whether my question will be meaningful, but it just a thought in my
2. If there are million records to be processed, will there be any performance
hit while reading the primary keys in one single shot? Or can this be
read in chunks and then be multithreaded?
3. For flat file input, is multithreading possible?