I just released Spring Python 1.0.0-RC1, the production-ready version of Spring Python. Read http://blog.springpython.webfactiona...s-finally-here for details.
Release Notes - Spring Python - Version 1.0.0-RC1
* [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-87] - Fix object.html documentation to use proper import for ApplicationContext
* [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-88] - Fix PyroServiceExporter so that it has configurable host/port settings (w/defaults)
* [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-62] - Add XML configuration documentation to reference documents.
* [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-84] - Generate digital signatures for uploaded items automatically
* [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-89] - Repair springpython.context.ObjectPostProcessor to work more like BeanPostProcessor
** New Feature
* [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-83] - Create a command-line utility with a plug-in system that can perform useful tasks
- For more information, please visit the website at http://springpython.webfactional.com.
- To download this release, or an archived release, and for access to sample applications use http://www.springsource.com/download...g%20Extensions
Key Features of Spring Python include:
- Inversion Of Control - The idea is to decouple two classes at the interface level. This lets you build many reusable parts in your software, and your whole application becomes more pluggable. You can use either the XmlApplicationContext or the DecoratorBasedApplicationContext.
- Aspect-oriented Programming - Spring Python provides great ways to wrap advice around objects. It is utilized for remoting. Another use is for debug tracers and performance tracing.
- DatabaseTemplate - Reading from the database requires a monotonous cycle of opening cursors, reading rows, and closing cursors, along with exception handlers. With this template class, all you need is the SQL query and row-handling function. Spring Python does the rest.
- Database Transactions - Wrapping multiple database calls with transactions can make your code hard to read. This module provides multiple ways to define transactions without making things complicated.
- Security - Plugin security interceptors to lock down access to your methods, utilizing both authentication and domain authorization.
- Remoting - It is easy to convert your local application into a distributed one. If you have already built your client and server pieces using the IoC container, then going from local to distributed is just a configuration change.
- Command-line/plug-ins - Use the plugin system designed to help you rapidly develop applications.
- Samples - to help demonstrate various features of Spring Python, some sample applications have been created:
- PetClinic - Everybody's favorite Spring sample application has been rebuilt from the ground up using various web containers including: CherryPy. Go check it out for an example of how to use this framework.
- Spring Wiki - Wikis are powerful ways to store and manage content, so we created a simple one as a demo!
- Spring Bot - Use Spring Python to build a tiny bot to manage the IRC channel of your open source project.