Feb 17th, 2009, 02:51 AM
thanks a lot for your fast answer!
You need to do following to be able to run my example:
1. Import the whole projects as a new workspace. Just use springdm-example as your Eclipse workspace.
2. Define the target platform from the included target platform: Window -> Preferences -> Target Platform and choose the directory of:
3. Close the osgi.udm project because it should be taken from the target platform: udm-1.0.0.jar and udm-1.1.0.jar
4. After these three steps you will see that everything is okay. All the red marks should be gone now.
5. Run the osgi.solution -> osgi.solution.launch. This should give you the exception as I wrote before in this forum, because of the dependencies to udm-1.x.x.jar. See the diagram in the beginning of this forum.
IMHO it should be ok to include the interfaces of udm-1.x.x in both bundles:
- The interface can change in every version.
- This same example works fine in a pure OSGi technique. I have tested the same example in pure OSGi style with Activator, ServiceRegistry, ... and it works just fine.
I can try to run my example in spring-dm 1.1.3 and I let you know the result...
Just ask again if you have a problem to run the example... I will write an article about spring-dm very soon and would not like having to write that spring-dm does not work with bundles in different versions, as this should be one of the main advantages using OSGi
Again, thanks a lot for your help...