Aug 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Problem with ITEM_COUNT and COMMIT_COUNT
I am currently using spring bach 1.1.2.Release version.
In my job configuration I specified the skip limit 2.
I know that my writer is going to fail because I am inserting a field which is not there in database. My expected behavior is job should terminate with errors after 2 records and ITEM_COUNT should be zero and COMMIT_COUNT should be zero.
However the actual results are different.
1. I see ITEM_COUNT and COMMIT_COUNT keep increasing after every chunk.
2. Job do not terminate after 2 records.
3. On console I see "ORA-00904:invalid identifier" for every write.
4. Finally job status is complete. ITEM_COUNT and COMMIT_COUNT are having values other than zero. However there are no records written into destination database.
5. Surprisingly my processed flag is set to 1 for all records indicating that they are processed successfully. I update my process flag for the whole chunk once in afterChunk() method.
FYI : If I do same mistake with reader it works good. It stops after 2 records and job status is FAILED.
Please explain to me if I am doing anything wrong.