I'm pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 1.5.0 M1 has been released! This milestone release introduces:
- JMS transport support, for both client- and server-side
- Email transport support, also for both client and server
- Two new Spring namespaces, which drastically decrease the amount of XML to configure marshallers and typical Spring-WS constructs
- SOAP 1.2 Compatible WSDL descriptor generation
- Spring-WS jars are now OSGi bundles
Additionally, there are other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Spring-WS 1.5.0 M1 is the first milestone in the 1.5 series, which - in addition to the aforementioned features - will include support for WS-Addressing, WS-Security for the client-side and Java 1.4, @Endpoint component scanning, and more. The 1.5.0 series is 99% backwards compatible, though support for Java 1.3 has been dropped, in favor of
Java 1.6. The next release will be 1.0.3, to be released around the 21st of December, and probably the last bug fix release in the 1.0 branch.
For Maven users, please note that this release is not published at the central maven repository. Instead it is published on Amazon's S3 service, like all Spring milestones. To use it, add the following repository to your POM:
For more information, see http://static.springframework.org/spring-ws/sites/1.5/
<name>Spring Milestone Repository</name>