I am sorry for my ignorance.
Originally Posted by mdeinum
Still trying to get a handle on all of this!
If by transaction configuration you mean what I have set up in my applicationContext.xml for spring, then here it is. (Pretty much a copy and paste from a sample app I had seen)
Also, I realized that I have not integrated my JSF stuff with Spring. So I changed around my code a little bit essentially by adding another layer. This layer communicates with the DAO now instead of my JSF bean. (The "addSponsors" bean above is an example of this)
<bean id="addSponsors" class="com.natixis.blr.web.jsf.model.AddSponsorsModel">
<ref local="TbProjectDepartmentDAO" />
<ref local="TbDepartmentDAO" />
<bean id="addSponsorsModel" class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean">
<ref local="transactionManager" />
<ref local="addSponsors" />
Something like this:
JSF Bean -> New Layer -> DAO
Anyways, I am seeing something different now. Now I am seeing the error displayed on the webpage. Before the integration, the error message would only appear in the log.
Not sure if this means I am getting closer.
Again, sorry for my ignorance. I feel like my brain is about to explode!