I've been evaluating Spring-Batch - got as far as reading available docs, downloading source, running samples and trying out my own PoC.
All very good , but I have a few questions (please forgive the fact that I haven't read all the source):
- What threading is implemented in the execution process? Is is safe to run within a J2EE application server? I noticed a dependency to the CommonJ WorkManager package: are these used by Spring-Batch?
- What is the ideal work scope of the tasklet? Is seems better design to have lots of small 'steps' but what if the business code is quite complex and requires lots of data processing? Should these be encapsulated into a separate 'service'?
- Has there been any work into integrating third party rules processing engines (e.g. Drools,JRules)? Is that best placed within the tasklet/processor code?
- Has there been any work into integrating third party data cache solutions (e.g. Tangosol)? Again, is that best placed within the tasklet/processor code?
- Is there a method of passing a business data model in memory between steps?
- (I think this question has been asked on this list before but it was a while ago so apologies for asking it again!) Is there a method of passing runtime information from the job script to the input/output sources? I'm thinking particularly of how to specify what files to process or date constraints etc.
Many thanks for any response,