How to reproduce:
1) I downloaded Eclipse 3.3 (Europa) from:
2) I downloaded SpringIDE 2.0 (said in the annoucement to be compatible with Europa) from:
3) I installed SpringIDE as a local update site, I can see that it is installed, all of the usual SpringIDE dialogs and views are present.
4) In a brand new workspace, I created a new dummy project containing nothing.
5) I copied/pasted a valid applicationContext.xml from another project. Note that this other project is a valid Spring application that loads perfectly at runtime.
6) I added the Spring nature to this project.
7) Now I want to add applicationContext.xml as a config file. To do so, I right-click on the project, click "Properties", "Spring", "Beans support", in the "Config Files" tab I click on "Add...". The "Spring Beans Config Selection" window pops up.
The problem: Impossible to add the config file "applicationContext.xml". The "Spring Beans Config Selection" is mostly greyed out, with a red sign saying "No entries available". All I have is the "type filter text" widget and a help button, both of which are useless.
In my previous Eclipse/SpringIDE environment I could select/unselect beans files at will. I thought it could be a problem with my applicationContext.xml, so I simplified it, and the problem is reproduced even with such a simple one :
Did I do anything wrong ?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<!-- Empty -->
Do you need more details on how to reproduce it ?
Is it a bug in SpringIDE ?
Thanks a lot and keep up the good work,