Lingo is an ideal technology to cluster your POJO services to achieve load balancing across many servers and automatic failover. Lingo is high performance and works great in server centric environments as it can work with JCA
to cleanly integrate with thread, connection and session pooling as well as handing of transactions, retry and exception handling.
You can use Lingo to cluster your POJO services across a number of different JVMs. Lingo will then provide
- load balancing across each server
- High Availability; if a server fails for whatever reason the pending requests are automatically dispatched to another server.
- loose coupling between clients and services in terms of location and time
- you can send one-way requests which can be persisted until the back end services are available
- traffic shaping - you can use JMS wildcards and selectors to shape the traffic
- e.g. have a rack of servers which only process gold customers using a JMS selector to filter them out