Feb 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by willnorris
Thanks for the pointer, since at this point any advice is welcome. Unfortunately, this is something I'm already aware of, and I'm confident that I have apache/mod_jk/tomcat properly configured. I even confirmed this by writing a tiny servlet that does nothing more than display the result of calling getRemoteUser() to confirm that REMOTE_USER is being properly passed. I'm quite certain that I just had a problem in my application content, because even after hard-coding my credentials in the filter I wrote, authentication was still failing.
Up to this point, every attempt I've made to modify the default pentaho authentication configuration has resulted in either null credentials, or a complete failure of the application to start.
Thanks for your help, though.
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Perhaps if you posted your filter configuration someone can work out what's wrong. Otherwise it's pretty much guesswork.
If getRemoteUser() is returning null, why don't you insert a filter before the Acegi stack to check its value there. You could then insert your filter wherever you want in the stack and work out where/if the value changes.
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Luke
My unsuccessful pubcookie/acegi attempt was already passed by the time I read this thread, and our configuration now doesn't attempt pubcookie so I currently have nothing to post. With the knowledge that this should work, I plan to start back down this path. Once I have it configured and not working, I'll post what I have. Again, many thanks for your offer to assist. I'd be extremely happy to see this working and will be posting configuration information soon.
Mar 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Check your AAP.xml file to see which attribute is set for remote user and make sure that the idp releases that required attribute.