Oct 6th, 2006, 04:41 AM
After some digging into the Castor codebase, I think I've figured out why this is the case. While marshalling to DOM nodes, castor uses a SAX2DOMHandler to publish SAX events into the DOM tree. This handler is a SAX 1 DocumentHandler, which has no native namespace support. There is a DocumentHandlerAdapter, which tries to correct this, but obviously that is failing.
Now that I've found the reason, it should be relatively easy to fix it, and get Castor working with SAAJ. Once again, it just shows that XML parsing in Java is a mess .
Oct 6th, 2006, 05:35 AM
I've created an issue for this, which has been fixed. Using Castor with SAAJ should now work, let me know if it does for you.