Jun 30th, 2006, 12:48 PM
FYI: Trick To Lining Up Sample Projects In Eclipse
Some of you may not know the trick (or a trick) to lining up the Airline and Echo projects in Eclipse. One of my co-workers discovered it. If you use it, it may cut down much of the "tinker-time" for you, i.e. the time you might otherwise have to spend moving directories around, and fixing up properties and config files. It did for me, at least:
( ) Copy the spring web service downloaded dir from, say, here:
...to a new workspace dir, say, here:
( ) Start Eclipse and browse to the new workspace dir, but ending down here:
(Alternatively, you can point Eclipse straight at the download dir.)
( ) Create a new "airline" project, taking the option "Create new project in workspace"
Note that if you type in the "airline" name exactly, Eclipse will now auto-detect the sources and classes for the airline project.
( ) Click Finish, taking the default output folder as airline/target/test-classes. (Looked a bit non-standard to me, but it works.)
( ) Follow instructions in Airline project's readme.txt (basically just "ant war" if you already have MySql).
( ) Start Tomcat in debug mode (beyond the scope of this thread, but I learned it from Kent Tong's "Developing Web Services With Apache Axis" book).
( ) Deploy the new airline.war to tomcat using "Tomcat Manager" shown under http://localhost:8080/ page (Log should show no significant errors.)
( ) Back in Eclipse, create a new default Remote Java Application and Debug it.
( ) Set what ever breakpoints you wish on the server side. Then, using the client build.xml, run the client...or debug the client as you normally would in Eclipse.
Doing the above, I did not have to change ANY files from the download. Just ran the build targets, and it worked right out of the box.
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the post. When I try to complete the above steps I get the following build errors:
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.Airp ort cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.Flig ht cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.GetF lightsRequest cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.GetF lightsResponse cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.Serv iceClass cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.impl .AirportImpl cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.impl .FlightImpl cannot be resolved
- import org.springframework.ws.samples.airline.schema.impl .GetFlightsResponseImpl cannot be resolved
I cant find any of the above classes in the 'spring-ws-1.0-m1' directory.
Anyone else have this problem?
Jul 2nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
You need to generate the JAXB code by doing an "ant dist".
Jul 4th, 2006, 04:17 AM