Nov 8th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Integrating Spring into Eclipse RCP
I've done a fair bit of searching on using spring in Eclipse RCP applications - people seem to be doing it, but it seems there's not much consensus yet on the best way to go about it.
For those interested, probably the best implementation I can find is http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-spring
There's also a reasonable approach at http://www.ji.co.za/unplugged/index.php?p=6
Does anyone have any other pointers or advice on how to best go about this? Is this something that's on the Spring roadmap at all?
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:04 PM
this is spring (no spring rcp) integration
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Well yes, you are right. Not sure what your point is though?
FWIW I integrated the sourceforge eclipse-spring project last night - works a treat!
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:03 PM
i work on integration eclipse rcp and spring rcp - application use spring rcp binding and validation (show form view in swt_awt frame - editor and tabular view in view with jtable) and eclipse rcp for action, docking views, dialog settings, preferences settings,jobs framework etc
disadvantage - work on windows and linux only (swt_awt don't work on mac yet)
i don't try eclipse-spring - is it only spring or spring-rcp ?
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:13 PM
i see eclipse-spring - it is only eclipse-spring intergration - no spring rcp and no
i have prototype eclipse rcp and spring rcp intgeration and i plan make flash presentation next week (i hope)
Nov 10th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah, you're right, eclipse-spring is for integrating Eclipse plugins (RCP or otherwise) with Spring - that is, allowing you to wire up Eclipse Views etc using a Spring bean factory. It doesn't integrate at all with Spring RCP (although it doesn't preclude it).
I'd be very interested in seeing what you've done with integrating Eclipse RCP and Spring RCP when its ready!
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM
i finish mostly, but i can find time for presentation - demo is too big for send (eclipse rcp +spring rcp + hibernate + added libraries liek siwngx , jgoodies etc is > 30 mb)
this is screenshot : http://www.snpe.co.yu/snpe-dbtable1.png
you see standard eclipse views like : properties, console, error log
navigator is my special view (swt) and it is menu for system
editors 'Account orders', 'Account schema', 'Account order items are eclipse editors, but contents is swing with spring rcp binding and validation'
'Account orders table' is view with Swingx JXTable and framework make and populate this table for user search cases in editor
system use eclipse docking windows,menus,toolbars, action, jobs, dialog and othre stuff form eclipse rcp,binding and validation from spring rcp, table from swingx projects, hibernate for orm mappings, forms layout from jgoodies for swing gui, looks jgoodies l&f, jasperreports for reporting etc
- crud operation on database,
- search for different case (less,more,equal, between, null search, like, not like , case sensitive or no etc), as you type search,
- as you type search
- automatic reports and group (with aggregate function, but from form screen, without sql) reports - inline view for pdf,xls,rtf, html (possible and external views of course, but i like inline views)
group example (you see diferent renedring for group and aggregate columns in first
simple report : http://www.snpe.co.yu/snpe-dbtable3.png
report view is jasper JasperViewer (swing) and output views are openoffice or internal browser
- sorting for any number of columns , ascending or descending
- showing and hiding columns in table view (JXTable feateure)
- save state for form editors (for complete form no for editor or views place)
- history for text-like field (system remember last 15 or what you save in preferences values in textual field)
- saved search and form state (user populate complete big form and save state with name)
- spring rcp binding and validation and added revert validation - user can type 'a' in number field or any wrong value in date field
- eclipse rcp like preferences
- eclipse like docking windows with prespectives,replace, resize views, fast views
i hope that presentation will be clear and it be soon