I am new to Spring. I know how the EJB's work with spring (somewhat manually ). I can write a program with the help of the reference manual. But the concepts are really hard to understand. I have not read the refernce document completely (due to time factor). Let me put the questions, hope u all can jump in and give me clues, references or ur thoughts what ever u may have, so that i can take it from there.
In my application i have written a business interface, provided an implementation classes and the SLSB his written as documented in the reference manual extending the Buisness Interface Impelementation classes.
1) Assuming EJB's are configured properly, when we access the spring framework it give us an instance of implementation of Business interface (POJO). How are the EJB's instantination handled? I mean the remote objects, how are they mapped to this POJO implementation class?
2) How the same process works with EJB Session Beans? As you know session beans can maintain State, but how this works out here
3) How is the persistence handeled? ejbActivate or ejbPassivate functions are handeled ??
4) As you all know remote objects are stubs, so the spring framework which give the POJO implementation instance can be exported to another JVM.??
5) Can we integrate the Spring Framework with Entity beans? i know this is done with ORM, but still curious to know it if i have already have a Entity bean written, then how to do it?
6) What are the different Design patterns used in the Spring framework? I will name a few, hope everyone can add new ones if they have come across
a) Dependecy Injection Pattern
b) Buisness Methods Interface
Using Spring framework we need not follow these patterns as these are followed by Spring --
a) Service Locator
b) Buisness Delegate
I personally beieve that knowing the design patterns that spring framework implements or helps in overcoming, can certainly provide enough information of Spring frame work
6) Which are the chapters in the ref manual that we should go through to make us completely understand the spring framework integration with Enterprise Java beans.
7) I have seen the spring samples, but could not find a complete example show casting how the spring can be integrated with EJB's (SLSB, SFSB, MDB's and Entity beans). Does any one has any references?
Thanks in advance