After a really unsuccessful attempt to pull reasonable information about LocaleResolvers and how to manage LOCALE changes within a web app I spent the day trying numerous things. First off I found that the "Country" sample provided in the distrbution was not going to be useful for my project.
I proceeded with the basic steps of creating a controller and and then adding an interceptor for locale changes. this is what my app (myapp) servlet xml file looks like.
This gave me the basis of being able to dynamically manage locale and language files by using the siteLanguage URI parameter. (http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet/...Language=fr_CA)
<bean id="myappController" class="com.myapp.MyappController"/>
<bean id="localeChangeInterceptor" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.LocaleChangeInterceptor">
<bean id="urlMapping" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
<bean id="localeResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.SessionLocaleResolver"/>
finally within my MyappController.java file I was able to retrieve my proper ResourceBundle by using the RequestContextUtils class to pull the LOCALE as set by the interceptor.
Through this method visitors could select their locale on our website for the duration of thier session. I have not tried the "Country" sample method as I found this way to be alot simpler and only required 1 line of code within my controller to load the correct locale properties file.
ResourceBundle myBundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle("myapp", RequestContextUtils.getLocale(request));