Quick meta-question - I've discovered a few things that look/feel like minor spring bugs*, but I can't be 100% sure. What's the recommended path for discussing these:
1) report to this list (springframework-user)
2) report to the online forum (http://forum.springframework.org/ - but which forum)
3) both of the above
4) report as a bug to JIRA anyway?
I'm (as you can tell) a bit confused by the multiplicity of channels available...
I've tried 1,2 & 3 so far, to no avail (and used 4 successuflly, but only for somehting I was 100% sure of)
(cross posted to springframework-users list)
* namely, FYI:
- 1) Problem with static factory methods (<bean id="N" factory-method="M" class="T">) where factory-method M returns an object whose type is not a subtype of class T) -- missing exception on startup? / failure to detect type of bean N based on return type of M.
2) Problem with instance factory methods(<bean id="N" factory-method="M" factory-bean="B">) where factory-method M is not called on startup, and isn't included when you do getBeansOfType(Object.class), but is available when you do getBean(N) (the method M only called when bean is requested by Name)
part of http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=15351
3) Problem with multiple AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests with different configLocations being run from within eclipse's junit pane.