I'm using OpenSessionInViewInterceptor and all the other Hibernate/Spring goodies. I'm using HibernateSynch with the Spring templates as well.
How do you detach an object and reassociate it with another object, in the case that Spring manages all of your sessions for you and you don't have access to the session object?
Here's what I'm trying to do:
1) I get a request http://joe.com?member=1
2) This gets dispatched into a SimpleFormController
3) I use referenceData to load up a member object with id=1, to check if that member exists
4) Then in the view, if the member exists, then I automatically load that information into the text fields, if not, I make everything blank
I'm okay so far...
5) However, when the user hits submit, then in onSubmit() I get passed a command object with the same id as in step 3
6) When I save the new command object with all the new fields, this results in an error:
So it's clear to me that the reason is that in Step 3, the member object is getting attached to the session, and then when I try and save another object in 5, it breaks.
org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemException: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: 5, of class: org.phatcast.db.Member; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.NonUniqueObjectException: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: 5, of class: org.phatcast.db.Member
I know how to handle this in Hibernate without Spring, since I can just close sessions or otherwise detach the objects.
In the case where Spring is managing my sessions and I don't have direct access to the session object, how can I detach the object in Step 3 and reassociate it with the new object in Step 5?
Many thanks on this.