Nov 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I am using spring batch and am facing problems with respect to the times taken for writing records from database to file.
Please find below the timings and the configurations.
To read from Database and write 14,00,000 records it took 17 hours and it took 48 hours to write 74,00,000 records.
1) Trying to write 2 files in parallel (in 2 steps). Later would keep 14 steps in parallel each step writing huge chunks of data around the same as above.
2) Commit interval of 10,000.
3) Throttle limit of 2
4) FlatFileItemWriter to write the files.
5) The Data base, app tier and file store are at different locations.
6) Have only 2 CPU machine (64 bit) for now but would be running on a 64 CPU machine.
7) Kept the heap size to 3GB.
Please can you'll help in suggesting any performance change to reduce the timings for the 2 file that i am writing.
Thanks a lot in advance.