Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
HttpInboundGateway send input stream to response channel
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for reading this.
I wonder if I can get a recommendation from you on how to design the following solution:
I have a simple workflow:
- Http Inbound Gateway - which mapped to URL in order to retrieve a resource from the server.
- Request Channel - Where all request messages are sent.
- Service Activator - Receives all messages from the request channel and calls my 'persistence service'.
- Persistence Service - Resolves 'some resource' and returns an InputStream in order to be consumed.
- Response Channel - Where the resource is send for the gateway to generate a HTTP response and send it back to the client.
Here are my questions:
- Not sure if I can send an InputStream as a message payload to the response channel and the gateway will read the input stream and write the response. Would it work?
- I could read the stream to a byte array and send that to the response channel. But what happens with BIG files?
Is there any recommendation you could share?
Tags for this Thread