Nov 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Ideas for datasource with unreliable connection?
I have a Spring 3.1 app that connects to several datasources. It runs on WebLogic 10.3.
Most of the time it works perfectly fine. However, there are a couple of database connections that fail a significant percentage of the time. When I test the connection from SQuirreL, it almost always works, but sometimes fails. When I test it from Weblogic, it usually fails. In the app itself, it seems to go through periods where it fails every time, but sometimes connects.
I'm trying to pursue this with the people who maintain the database and the network, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'd like to examine whether there are some steps I can take with Spring and/or Weblogic that will make these connections more resilient to failures.