I am pleased to announce that today is the official launch date of Pro Spring! I’d like to start by thanking Dmitriy Kopylenko and Keith Donald for their time when reviewing the book, Rod Johnson for his kind words in the foreword plus my co-author and partner in crime Jan Machacek for his excellent contribution.
At over 800 pages, Pro Spring is a comprehensive reference to the Spring Framework, ideal for both novices and professionals alike. Topics covered include:
* Inversion of Control – theory and practice
* AOP with Spring and AspectJ
* Data access with Hibernate, iBATIS and JDBC
* Spring transaction management including distributed transactions
* Integration with JNDI, EJB and JMS
* Spring MVC plus Struts integration
* Scheduling with Quartz
* JavaMail and COSMail integration
* Spring Remoting
Also we have included some appendices discussing testing, Spring IDE and Spring Rich, which are quite an interesting read.
More information can be found at Apress and at the Spring site.
I hope you’ll take the time to look at the book and hope that anyone who buys it enjoys reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it.