Since a while a been feeling that Spring Roo has lost the attention of the Spring decision-making people (SDMP)...
These are my takes on it...
- Ben Alex left the project without any announcement to the Roo community long time ago.
- OSGI a foundational component of Roo and other Spring products was annihilated.
- There are tons of outstanding SR Jira tickets
- Another Spring Roo major component has been cannibalized and turned into a new api called the Spring Shell
- There is no presentation of Spring Roo in 2GX 2012
This is only a part of a longer list of "symptoms" about it.
It would be really critical to know the official position about SR and its existence in the larger Spring Framework agenda.
Thank you in advance
B. and escaping pods Roogards
jD @ http://pragmatikroo.blogspot.com
Note: No answering would be assumed as confirmation to the matter.