Jun 26th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Google Web Toolkit - $1500 - Feb 23, 2013
A new Spring Insight plugin for Google Web Toolkit is requested.
1. The plugin should support an EndPoint Analyzer to hook into code and analyze trace.
2. Follow all [Spring Insight Plugin Development Guidelines].
3. Provide a screenshot of the plugin in action.
4. Provide a sample web application and guide on testing the plugin
5. Include a README.textfile that includes installation and configuration guidelines.
6. Include a mention of the versions of the framework which the plugin supports
7. Include Unit tests for all aspects and classes
8. Include Freemarker test for ftl rendering
9. Contributor Agreement signed & registered with VMware by emailing bounty-manager_at_vmware.com.
10. Downloadable from a publicly accessible site such as GitHub, Sourceforge, or a public domain.
11. Final plugin listed on the VMware Solution Exchange.
- Spring Insight Documentation, including specifically Chapter 7 with the Spring Insight Plugin Development Tutorial.
- Watch the video on Creating Spring Insight Plugins
- Google Web Toolkit Developer's Guide
To accept this Bounty Request, please (i) reply to this post to indicate to others that this effort is being worked on, (ii) send a private message to the Requestor to arrange payment, and (iii) sign the Contributor Agreement and email it to bounty-manager_at_vmware.com.
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Which features/operations from GWT should be available to insight? Rendering of widgets, RPCs, anything else?
Jul 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your interest! In general, we say that all features/operations should be available. However, you as the developer have the opportunity to look into this deeper and let us know if this truly makes sense. If an area does not make sense for any reason, you simply need to write that up and provide the rationale to us here and we can approve/discuss it.
Are you interested in taking this one on?
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I would like to perform this task.
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Submit a contributor agreement
Hi nperry - we would be happy to extend this bounty. Please go ahead and send in a contributor agreement and once we have that you can begin work. When would you be thinking you could complete it?
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:17 AM
I sent you a private messages two days ago and today but I think that the messages was not sent to you.
I will sign the contributor agreement as soon as possible.
I would like to understand the scope of this task before I can say exactly how much time it will take to complete it.
From my investigation, RPC feature can be monitored by Insight dashboard, is there anything else you wish to monitor?
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
The GWT plugin must cover all forms of GWT server communications. Currently there are two forms to communicate with the server:
- RPC - https://developers.google.com/web-to...ocedur eCalls
- RequestFactory - https://developers.google.com/web-to...RequestFactory
Feb 4th, 2013, 01:04 AM
After spending time in order to develop this plugin I decided to stop working on it.
I sent the code that I wrote to Shachar.
Mar 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM
I will check it. Appgeeker - avi to mov mac