Jun 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Batch job config question.
I am new to Spring batch and wanted to get some ideas on how to configure a batch job. So the purpose of the batch job is to migrate content (including image/pdf and other assets) from source to a target system. There is also transformation of content into the target system. The following are the sequence of tasks i have identified
1. Read in a CSV file and transform and write a new CSV file (control file to be used by other tasks).
1. Retrieve content using http from source system.
2. Parse html and retrieve dependencies (images/css/pdf...) from that content.
3. Retrieve Metadata from control file.
3. Write/copy dependencies to target filesytem.
4. Write metadata to target system.
5. Transform the content using some templating engine.
6. Write content to target system.
7. Send acknowledgement.
From looking at the spring batch job document; it looks like Steps within a batch job must follow this sequence ItemReader --> ItemProcessor(optional) --> ItemWriter; with there being a single reader/processor/writer for a step. I am having a tough time coming up with batch steps for the above tasks. I was wondering if the above migration of content and assets is a scenario which is normally handled through spring batch ? Any pointers would be appreciated.