May 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Spring Web Services 2.1.0.RELEASE released
Dear Spring community,
I'm pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 2.1.0.RELEASE has been released!
This is the first GA release in the 2.1 release cycle. It mainly consists of necessary upgrades to third party dependencies. Specifically:
- WSS4J has been upgraded to 1.6.
- XmlSchema has been upgraded to 2.0
- Support for Apache HttpClient 4.0
- JDOM has been upgraded to 2.0
and various other minor library upgrades.
Some of the library upgrades contain changes that are not backwards compatible. As such, you might be required to change your code and/or configuration as a consequence. More specifically:
- SpringDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler and SpringPlainTestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler have been merged into SpringSecurityPasswordValidationCallbackHandler, which works the same way as the SpringDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler (i.e. supply it with a UserDetailsService).
- The Wss4jSecurityInterceptor no longer has the securementCallbackHandler property, as it's no longer used by WSS4J.
- JDOM 2.0 changed the package name from org.jdom.x to org.jdom2.x. Make sure to switch to this new package when using JDOM in combination with @RequestBody/@ResponseBody as well as the AbstractJDomPayloadEndpoint.
- When using <sws-annotation-driven/>, it might be required to set "order" property values on custom exception resolvers. See my comment on SWS-772 for more details.
If you come across any other migration issues, please post a reply on this thread, or file a JIRA.
Please see the changelog for more details.
This release is currently available on our Maven release repository, and will be available on Maven Central and the download page shortly.
For more information, refer to