Dear Spring community,
I'm pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 2.1.0.RC1 has been released!
This is the first Release Candidate in the 2.1 release cycle. It mainly consists of necessary upgrades to third party dependencies. Specifically:
- WSS4J has been upgraded to 1.6.
- XmlSchema has been upgraded to 2.0
- Support for Apache HttpClient 4.0
- JDOM has been upgraded to 2.0
and various other minor library upgrades.
Some of the library upgrades contain changes that are not backwards compatible. As such, you might be required to change your code and/or configuration as a consequence. More specifically:
- SpringDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler and SpringPlainTestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler have been merged into SpringSecurityPasswordValidationCallbackHandler, which works the same way as the SpringDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler (i.e. supply it with a UserDetailsService).
- The Wss4jSecurityInterceptor no longer has the securementCallbackHandler property, as it's no longer used by WSS4J.
- JDOM 2.0 changed the package name from org.jdom.x to org.jdom2.x. Make sure to switch to this new package when using JDOM in combination with @RequestBody/@ResponseBody as well as the AbstractJDomPayloadEndpoint.
If you come across any other migration issues, please post a reply on this thread, or file a JIRA.
Note that there were no milestone releases before this RC: it is a library upgrade release only.
Please see the changelog for more details.
Note that this release will not become available on Maven Central, as it's a release candidate. It is available through own download page and our maven milestone repository:
Individual dependencies can then by added like so:
<name>Spring Milestone Repository</name>
For more information, refer to