Oct 11th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Configuration for Spring 3 + Quartz 1.8.x + WAS 6.1
Has anyone able to run quartz on Websphere 6.1.x successfully in clustered environment? Appreciate if you could send me right configuration for SchedularFactoryBean.
Basically, I am interested in using Springs features of customizing quartz scheduler with:
1. JNDI configured Workmanager (commonj) to replace unmanaged thread pool with SimpleThreadPool from quartz.
2. To configure two datasources from JNDI for tx-enabled and other non-tx-enabled.
3. To explore scheduler as spring bean in clustered env.
4. Configure quartz properties in spring context files.
I get inconsistent behavior under load testing with following observations:
1. Triggers not fired at all.
2. Triggers fired but under 50 concurrent threads it brings down data base connections with ORA 12514
3. In some cases we get row locking issues.
We use quartz to dynamically create jobs for workflow scenarios that needs time based triggering.
Any help would be much appreciated...
Tags for this Thread