Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Using Hyperic in tc Server 2.6.0/2.6.1?
If you install vFabric tc Server 2.6.0 or 2.6.1, check out this VMware knowledgebase (KB) article: http://t.co/2JvEwebt for tips on how to enable the Hyperic that is embedded into tc Server.
This applies to customers who have purchased the following products:
tc Server Standard Edition 2.6.0 or 2.6.1
tc Server Spring Edition 2.6.0 or 2.6.1
vFabric Standard 5.0 (and are using the bundled tc Server)
vFabric Advanced 5.0 (and are using the bundled tc Server)
While the fix outlined in the KB article is fairly simple, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We expect to have a fix for this towards the end of 2011. (Like any forecast, that date can change.) Once we have that fix, you will no longer have to follow the steps in KB 2007158.
Sep 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Unable to activate VMware vFabric Hyperic software using VMware vFabric tc Server 2.6 license keys
You are unable to activate VMware vFabric Hyperic software utilizing the VMware vFabric tc Server 2.6 license keys and one of the following scenarios applies:
* You are a new customer that purchased VMware vFabric tc Server 2.6, bundled with VMware vFabric Hyperic.
* You are a new customer that purchased a VMware vFabric solution that includes VMware vFabric tc Server 2.6 Standard or Spring Edition.
* You try to install the VMware vFabric tc Server license key using a file to activate the product or using the License Server and VMware vFabric Hyperic defaults to the 60 day evaluation mode.
To resolve this issue, you can download a VMware vFabric Hyperic activation key from the VMware Download Center, when you select VMware vFabric tc Server Standard Edition for version 2.6.
To locate the file:
1. Go to the VMware Download Center.
2. Click VMware vFabric tc Server.
3. Click Download for 2.6.0 tc Server Standard Edition
4. Log in as the Primary License Administrator or Support Administrator on your contract.
5. You will find the temporary key to activate VMware vFabric Hyperic 4.6 on this page.
6. Copy this key into a text file and follow the steps in the Additional Information section below.
Steps to activate the VMware vFabric Hyperic 4.6 product using a file:
1. Create a text file named vf.hyp-serial.numbers.txt
2. Insert a single line entry of the key in this file.
3. Save the file in the following directory, based on the operating system type:
4. Restart the VMware vFabric Hyperic Server.
5. Verify that the license has been read under the HQ License Information.
Note: For this temporary key the expiration date will be December 31, 2011, platform count = "unlimited."
After the next release of VMware vFabric Hyperic 4.6.x, replace this temporary license key with your VMware tc Server license key.
The next release of VMware vFabric Hyperic will include a fix that will recognize your VMware vFabric tc Server license key. The release is tentatively scheduled for November 2011. This temporary key will be good until December 31, 2011.
Tags for this Thread