The Neo4j / Spring Data Graph combination looks wonderful, but I'm confused about a few really basic things:
- Despite having a REST interface, you cannot in fact load a *.war file into Neo4j, correct? nor can you intercept REST calls somehow and add your own functionality?
- Instead, Spring Data Graph is deployed into an App Server (eg., Jetty), correct?
- A web application, with Spring Data Graph, can embed a local Neo4j, but can alternatively talk to one across a network, correct?
- If I talk to Neo4j across a network, I lose all capability of ACID transactions, correct?
- If I'm right about the above, then, is there a tutorial/example that'll help me deploy the Good Relationships The Spring Data Graph Guide Book reference project to TomCat or Glassfish?
- Is it possible to have a RESTful interface with Spring Data Graph? Any links to tutorial/example?
- Finally, I was once shown Spring Framework being unit tested and debugged directly inside Eclipse. Can anyone point me at a tutorial for doing that same thing with Spring Data Graph?
I'd really appreciate some guidance on the above.
(You have my apology if I should preferably address some of this to the Neo4j forums.)