Apr 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Spring Data Graph 1.0.0.RELEASE with Neo4j support released
Dear Spring Community,
We are pleased to announce that the first release (1.0.0.RELEASE) of the Spring Data Graph 1.0 project with Neo4j support is now available!
This marks the first in a series of releases of the Spring Data subprojects over the next few months.
The primary goal of the Spring Data project is to make it easier to build Spring-powered applications that use new data access technologies such as non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud based data services.
A guest blog post detailing the release has been published on the SpringSource Blogs.
The Graph Neo4j module provides integration with the Neo4j graph database. Back in 2010, Rod Johnson and Emil Eifrem started brainstorming about Spring and Neo4j integration including transparent persistence and cross-store support. After an initial prototype it has been further developed in close cooperation between the VMware and Neo Technology development teams.
To learn more about the project, visit the Spring Data Graph Project Homepage and make sure to attend the webinar "Getting Started With Spring Data Graph" hosted by VMware and presented by Neo Technology's CEO Emil Eifrem.
The key features in Spring Data Graph 1.0.0.RELEASE include:
- Support for property graphs (nodes connected via relationships, each with arbitrary properties)
- Transparent mapping of annotated POJO entities
- Neo4jTemplate with convenient API, exception translation and optional transaction management
- Different type representation strategies for keeping type information in the graph
- Dynamic type projections (duck typing)
- Spring Data Commons Repositories Support
- Cross-store support for partial JPA - Graph Entities
- Neo4j Traversal support on dynamic fields and via repository methods
- Neo4j Indexing support (including full-text and numeric range queries)
- Support for JSR-303 (Bean Validation)
- Support for the Neo4j Server
- Support for running as extensions in the Neo4j Server
We are looking forward to your feedback on the forum or in the issue tracker.
Downloads | JavaDocs | Spring Data Graph Guide Book | Changelog
Last edited by MichaelHunger; Apr 18th, 2011 at 07:40 PM.
May 11th, 2011, 11:10 AM
LazyLoad of data
Would the API support LazyLoad of data ?
May 11th, 2011, 11:14 AM
It always lazy load the data as it reads through to the backing graph store.
No eager fetching is done. Also all the queries and collections are handled with iterables.