Take as well look on ThinWire (www.thinwire.com).
I was able to create a hack (I wouldn't call it a solution) openlaszlo and SWF to work together. I might write a white paper and provide it, but that depends on when I get time (may not be soon). However these are the steps I followed for getting it working.
I use dhtml compiler from Laszlo (but should be the same for swf as well, I suppose).
1. Write a view (look at jstlview etc.) to compile laszlo files. Look at the Main.lzc and Compiler.compile in Laszlo to find out how it can be done. In the view get the lzx file and compile it to the swf or js file we need.
2. This has to be embedded into html (Look at Browser integration chapter). I am currently using the compiled file embedded, but I think embedding it directly should work as well.
3. After embedding one will be able to get the UI rendered in the browser, but submit will not go to web flow. This is because Laszlo seems to be using XHR for all requests with the file name as the URL. Hence Spring Web Flow is not triggered. For this I have used a workaround where I embed the compiled laszlo file in a form and on clicking the submit button, I fill up a div with all the required inputs (hidden) and submit the form, instead of calling the Laszlo doRequest or submit calls.
4. For embedding and for future data to be embedded I am using Apache velocity to make the job easier. We might be able to use the Velocity view which comes with Spring to make the stuff faster, but I haven't reached there yet.
If you need more details on any of these let me know and I will be more than happy to help.
i want to learn flex3, its free, the ide/tool is not free,anywayFor people who doesn't know Laszlo, it is like Macromedia's Flex, but it is now opensource ;-)
a simple question, which is better? and why?
is there a list of comparation?
Laszlo in Action , one book,and 2 customer reviews, weird right?
- Manuel Jordan
Kill Your Pride, Share Your Knowledge With All
The Fear Of The LORD Is The Beginning Of Knowledge, But Fools Despise Wisdom And Discipline. Proverbs 1:7
Technical Reviewer of Apress
- Pro SpringSource dm Server
- Spring Enterprise Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2nd Edition
- Pro Spring Integration
- Pro Spring Batch
- Pro Spring 3
- Pro Spring MVC: With Web Flow
- Pro Spring Security