Mar 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Spring Data Graph - Neo4j Support 1.0.0.M4 Released
Dear Spring Community,
We are pleased to announce that a new milestone release (1.0.0.M4) of the Spring Data Graph 1.0 project with Neo4j support is now available!
The primary goal of the <b>Spring Data</B> project is to make it easier to build Spring-powered applications that use new data access technologies such as non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud based data services.
The Graph Neo4j module provides integration with the Neo4j graph database.
Downloads | JavaDocs | Reference Documentation | Changelog
To learn more about the project, visit the Spring Data Homepage.
The features in Spring Data Graph 1.0.0 M4 include:
- update to Neo4j-1.3.M04
- simplification of detached/attached state
- all node entities are detached at creation, must call persist()
- attach() renamed to persist()
- separate indices per domain class
- support for fulltext indices
- fixed direct lookup of numerically indexed values
- relationships via relateTo are now also restricted to one per type,direction and target
- added EntityPath/EntityPathMapper for entity based Neo4jTemplate callbacks
- added EntityEvaluator for entity based path evaluation
- error handling for node type strategy called on non type nodes
- FieldTraversalDescriptionBuilder build method parametrization
- re-enabled, updated and fixed cross-store persistence
- graph managed fields no longer have to be annotated with @Transient (the aspect takes care of that)
- changed documentation format to guidebook, added tutorial as first part
Looking forward to your feedback on the forum or in the issue tracker.
Last edited by MichaelHunger; Mar 17th, 2011 at 03:02 AM.
Mar 17th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I also updated the examples for Spring Data Graph to the current M4 build.
You can find them here: http://github.com/springSource/sprin...graph-examples.
In doing that I also rewrote some parts of the IMDB app, so that the in-graph index now also used Spring Data Graph, that cut down the necessary code to almost the half size (180 lines to about 100).
Tags for this Thread