Hey fawzyj, sorry for the delay in responding. Can you please try our latest nightly build here and let me know if the problem still persists.
Nothing changed,it still generate ~server.gae with its classes depending on GAE libs
please provide some real solution
OK, i have to admit that even if it contain classes that depends (imports) GAE api
BUT at least it compiles now
which means that in my lib dir i have gae-api.lib.jar files and unnessery classes in ~.server.gae and friends
BUT at least it compiles and i can play with it now
Hope you resolve the issue with real solution (No generation of unnessery files and no inclusion of unnessery jars)
Hey fawzyj, I can't replicate the problem. Can you create a new project with the expenses.roo script (run "script expenses.roo" from the Roo shell). When I do this no additional gae specific classes, packages or dependencies are created. The only default dependency that is added, which I will look into removing is:
Removing this dependency manually doesn't cause the code to break either.Code:<dependency><groupId>com.google.appengine</groupId><artifactId>appengine-api-1.0-sdk</artifactId><version>1.4.0</version></dependency>
NO, it still generate~.server.gae
i am using 1.1.3 rev 0991feb
on windows vista with maven 2.2.1 and java jdk 6.0.17
the project was generated from the command line, no sts involved
So let me just make sure you followed these steps outside of STS:
- Downloaded and extracted Roo snapshot
- Created a new directory (or started with a directory which contained nothing)
- Ran the roo.sh script from the downloaded Roo snapshot
- Exectuted the command "script expenses.roo"
Exactly,this is the steps i did
i noticed that you removed the dependency on gae api from the pom
this will return us to square zero where the code will not even compile
and we will never be able to experiment with it
So, you closed the issue....
OK, but it is still there, i tried both daily build for yesterday and today (rev bc4abf6 and 4a185b0) and both still generate ~.server.gae with dependencies on GAE specific api when tried with the script expenses.roo from the command line
but the latest 23Mars build does not even compile because you removed the gae-api jar dependency
i do not know what the problemis and why you cannot replicate the problem BUT IT IS THERE
if you cannot believe me i may produce a small screencast for you
I am using the newest STS with roo 1.1.3. There are classes generated for GAE, but I don't use GAE. The generated code has compile errors, because the GAE jars are missing. You can easily reproduce it, create a new project, one simple entity and a controller and use the gwt setup.