Feb 26th, 2011, 08:08 PM
UTF-8 and Latin Characters
Good folks. I've been playing around with roo for some time and I'm facing an issue with encodings. I'm brazilian so I'd like to enable my application to handle latin characters.
Now, I found that, after simply creating a controller for one of my entities, if I enter a character like 'ˇ', I get the string '├│' in the controller method.
I'm using MySQl with utf-8 and haven't touched the code generated by Roo. I noticed the JSP has Content-Type Meta tag set to UTF-8, so seems like everything should be working.
My only clue is the following site:http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding
which states that Tomcat handles GET and POST as ISO-8859-1.
I'd like to know if this is something Roo doesn't cover-which I believe is not true- or if I'm missing something-and please let me know what.
Tags for this Thread