Feb 25th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Spring Roo 1.1.2 Released
We're pleased to announce the release of Spring Roo 1.1.2 (download here). Spring Roo is a rapid application development tool for Java, allowing you to create full enterprise applications in just minutes.
This new release contains over 200 enhancements, new features and fixes since the 1.1.1 release last month. Some of the highlights include:
- Tool usability: We've made Roo 1.1.2 offer improved add-on installation in corporate environments, proxy server support and faster downloads of Roo add-on lists.
- Persistence enhancements: There have been many individual improvements to persistence, such as better GWT support, nicer column mappings and extra JSR 303 support.
- Spring MVC improvements: There are many improvements for those of you building MVC applications. A small selection includes enhanced templates, additional internationalisation, YouTube embedding improvement, and more flexible CSS support.
- GWT: The most important improvement to GWT support in Roo 1.1.2 is compatibility with GWT 2.2. We've also boosted performance of the "gwt setup" command.
- Library upgrades: Your projects can now use the latest versions of Spring Security, Hibernate, JUnit, FlexJson, and AspectJ.
As always, we've produced upgrade notes to help you move to this new version. These notes and the reference guide are also included in the download ZIP file.
If you have any questions on this new release, please feel free to ask the Spring Roo engineering team on the community forum. We're also available on Twitter - just include #SpringRoo in your tweets.
We hope you enjoy this new release.