Feb 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
STS Spring template JPA utility project not faceted
I'm new to STS, but just created a JPA utility project using the Swing templates.
The arising project has no eclipse facets, so the JPA tools are not available (tables <> entities). Also the JPA persistance.xml editor (as is available in an eclipse faceted JPA project) is gone so you cannot add / browse the entity beans.
Are these features as expected ?
Feb 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
JPA projects in STS
Not sure if this is intended usage pattern - but it seems to work ok for me.
1 . New Spring template project
- Simple Spring JPA Utility Project
- project setting temp, a.b.c + finish
- project with 3 builders Java, Spring & Maven + no facets.
- persistance.xml only has XML view
- entities only open with basic java editor in JPA perspective.
- Spring configuration files open with a multi tabbed Spring context Editer
2. Configure > convert project to JPA project
- 2 more builders
- facets now includes JPA project facet
- persistance.xml open with multi tabbed editor
- entities now open with (JPA perspective) + supporting JPA details view
In summary looks like you have to use 'Convert to JPA Project' to create the facets with no loss of Spring / Maven capability.