I have been doing Java for quite few years now, however I am new to springs. I am writing a new web-application and am in the process of finalizing the technologies that I should be using.
Spring seemed to be a good choice for all the server side bits. Now, on choosing the web side of technology, I was happy with spring web mvc untill I realised that there are lot of other options to get around the AJAX / complex cross browser compatible HTML / JS development - rather than coding it all by myself.
So, could anybody suggest me the - GOOD options for developing a web UI, 1. which works well with Springs MVC and
3. handles Ajax calls, while also allowing me to change pages using spring mvc and not limiting to use only ajax based calls
4. and is also free
I have already rejected
- GWT, as core GWT is not directly integrate-able with Springs
- SmartGWT, as this works best only with its own (smartgwt) server side code, which comes with a cost
- GWT-EXT - which is replaced by smartGWT now, and can hence be considered out of support. So dont want to get in this space
- GIN (GWT with Dependency injection/ GUICE) - as I cannot have the spring MVC layer with GIN. It would have to be GWT > Springs Business layer, something that is not workable
- Any other GUI development framework that anybody wants to suggest ?? Something that is simple to learn and easy to implement while also being free ?