tc Server 6.0.20.C now Generally Available
I'm pleased to announce the general availability of the SpringSource tc Server 6.0.20.C release. Documentation for the release can be found at http://static.springsource.com/projects/tc-server/6.0/. Where there are specific documentation sections related to new features highlighted below, I'll provide those links. Some highlighted features are new features or improvements that you will see or benefit from in the normal use of the product as you know it today.
- Provide application server only download as a .sfx.jar file, this is in addition to the installer wrapped download.
- Add -l/--list, -p/--ports and -v/--version options to tcserver-instance script (see http://static.springsource.com/proje...nst__reference)
- Add restart as an option to tcserver-ctl scripts (see http://static.springsource.com/proje...ing__reference)
- Report instance tc Server version with status option to tcserver-ctl script
- Allow "run-as" user account for Windows service installation
- Upgrade to version 22.214.171.124 of High Concurrency Connection Pool
- Add monitoring of Executors
See http://static.springsource.com/proje...gssupplat.html for detailed information on supported configurations. Generally, all currently supported platforms have been recertified with 6.0.20.C for the application server component. A few of the platforms have not yet been certified on the management components, specifically, AIX, zLinux and MacOS. Keep any eye out for those, we will be certifying the management pieces for those platform post-release.
As you may have noticed at SpringOne 2GX, we've released a Preview release of tc Server Developer Edition with Spring Insight. See http://www.springsource.com/products...ver/devedition for more information. Not only is this a fantastic example of the use of instance templates, it's also a really cool and useful tool for developers. The other thing you'll notice if you look under the covers of Spring Insight is that you'll see the 6.0.20.C tc Server application server. This is exactly the same application server we've just delivered in the tc Server 6.0.20.C GA.