still not an SAS problem.
Please refer to my previous three posts, it seems like you missed those.
First of all, again, this statement:
you do not define and retrieve a custom class from a module context
is not true.
In module1-context.xml this is defined:
This means this object is a singleton, so it will be instantiated by the application context residing in the module's applicationDomain immediately in its startup cycle, if there was an applicationdomain problem then the context would already crash BEFORE any stage wiring takes place.
<object id="customClass" class="classes.ModuleClass"/>
Now, like I stated in my previous post, I did find an indication that there might be a problem in as3common-reflect, but I'm not sure yet, I'm investigating.
And STILL, like I also stated in my previous post, I have this bizarre situation where I compile the SAME source code first in flexbuilder 3, than in Flashbuilder and the former WORKS, yet the latter CRASHES.
So, while I agree that this is probably a reflection bug, it remains a complete mystery to me why my original project works flawlessly.
I'll keep you posted on my findings in as3-commons.
Application domains really aren't that difficult to be honest, the documentation surrounding them just kind of sucks. Right now I'm confident that SAS keeps track of its application domains properly, yet now looms the question whether as3-commons is screwing up somewhere.
Anyways, the quest continues, and I still appreciate your comments and research, honestly :) Its a gnarly problem, but one that needs to be solved a.s.a.p. :)
nope, we're still in a state of flux
Ok, here we go again :)
the compiled application's source code I was going to send you, you already have the source code for. Its the exact source that is in SVN, I just compile that source with either FB3 or Flashbuilder.
My conclusion now is that somehow reflection behaves differently between those two compiles, and I have no clue why. I did however find that in some cases in the as3-common-reflect library no application domain is passed to methods that might actually need it.
Where the ISASModule error is thrown is the moment where SASDemoModule1 gets wired. In the code where the definition (by calling Type.forClass()) of SASDemoModule1 is retrieved everything works fine until the implemented interfaces are enumerated, at the moment that the ISASModule definition is requested things break.
And here's where I don't get it anymore, the SASDemoModule1 type is the class of the loaded module, this module resides in its own application domain, and now the definition for SASDemoModule1 is returned without trouble, yet ISASModule throws an error.
And again, it only does this when I compile the exact same code in flashbuilder, FB3 gives no errors.
I'm now experimenting with adding an optional application domain to the static Type methods, this will hopefully solve the problem, yet it will still not answer my question WHY this works in one IDE and not in the other.
I'm stumped, stupefied and utterly confused.